Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Amazing Brother...

Ten days after Thanksgiving
things changed for my family.
My brother, Ryan was hanging
Christmas lights on his house. He fell
15 feet from the ladder and broke
both his elbows and his leg. He was
flown to Salt Lake. He had 8
hours of surgery on his elbows.
I flew in the next day to be
with my family and Brittany.
Even though his injuries are
terrible, he is so lucky to be
alive and not paralyzed.
Ryan is doing well, he
is home now, but
its a day by day progress.
I have had some time to reflect
on his accident and it has made me realize
how precious life is. Things can change
in a heart beat. I'm so lucky to have such
an amazing brother, friend and
Uncle to my kids. This is
a picture we got of all of
them at Thanksgiving. I'm so
proud of him and his progress so far.
He has a great attitude and will for life.
He has a long road ahead of him, but
everyone is already amazed at how
much he is doing on his own.
We love you and can't wait
to come visit soon...

November 2010

1 comments:

Jill said...

i'm so glad he's okay too! scared me to death when i heard what had happened. he is such a great guy! hope his recovery continues to go well :)